Hello Kitty, hello Jessica!

Today was Jessica's first birthday party.  We  had a lovely afternoon tea with some of our close friends and family.  But I have to tell a secret.  I didn't make her birthday cake for today!!!  Sshh don't tell, but after making in one week 2 x birthday cakes and 2 x cupcakes for school/childcare friends - I just couldn't face anymore cake batter (the drawback of having two children with birthdays in the same week!!).  I did make Apple Cream slice and Caramel Fudge Brownies though!!

Anyway, now that the birthday craziness is over and we can settle again for a little while, I thought I would pop in and share the birthday card I made for Jessica!  Inspired by a Hello Kitty card made over at Lynn Pratt's blog, I made a Hello Kitty card for Jessica as she was wearing a Hello Kitty onesie with overalls on the day before her birthday (sshh another secret - I made her card the night before the birthday!!).



Here's a pic of Jess with the overalls - so cute!!  I caught her in the plastics cupboard, pulling everything out before climbing in of course.  I added a little heart to the overalls on the card, just like Jess' overalls!

She's such a cutie .... and yes, I love her to bits!!

So to make the card I used:

Stamps: Teeny Tiny Sentiments
Papers: Perfect Plum DSP, Melon Mambo & Whisper White CS for the card, Soft Sky & Regal Rose for the outfit and Basic Black for the whispers
Inks: Chocolate Chip for sentiment & Sahara Sand for shading, Basic Black & Blushing Bride for face
Punches: Various oval punches, Window Punch & Modern Label Punch, Owl punch for the heart
Other: Melon Mambo pompom trim, pearls & Sticky Strip.

To make this card, click on the links above for Lynn Pratt's Stamp-n-Design blog for full instructions!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips