Happy Birthday Luke!

Today is my son's 8th birthday.  Happy Birthday Luke, you have given me eight wonderful years!!  Still can't believe that Luke is 8 years old, but when I look at him and see how tall he's grown and what a thoughtful, kind and precious boy he is, well maybe the eight years didn't go by so fast after all!

Of course, I had to make a birthday card for Luke.  But of course, making cards for boys gets harder as they get older.  Much easier for the three to four year olds where cute is ok, but what about this 8 year old age group.  Hmmm.  So I flicked through my Idea Book & Catalogue and landed back on the Lots of Bots page.  I've made Luke a card with this stamp set before, so I needed something a little bit different!!


I used the same colour palette that we had used with the Natural Elegance stamp camp.  Which was lucky, as I had lots of scraps left over!!

I used a few techniques in this card.  I used my paper crimper to create a strip of 'corrugated' CS, I used the thump & bump technique on the Crumb Cake CS with Crumb Cake ink and I also distressed the edges with the scissors.  I coloured my robot with inkpads and my blender pen.  It all came together which I'm pleased about!

So here's what I used:
Stamps: Lots of Bots
Ink: Jet Black StazOn, Basic Grey, Buckaroo Blue & Peach Parfait
Papers: Marina Mist, Crumb Cake & Very Vanilla CS and Elegant Soiree DSP

Other: Circle punch, paper crimper, blender pen & jumbo brad

It just so happens, that this layout was made for the Avid Inkers Team challenge for May ... yes, I'm running late on that one!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips