Chocolate Anyone???

It's so exciting!  We've got Stamp Camp this Saturday and preparation is in earnest now!! Including making a few gifts.  Just so happens one of my lovely friends (aka customer) is celebrating her birthday this weekend and I needed a couple little door prizes too.  I've got one of those big Cadbury's fund raiser boxes at home (damn thing, I'm sure we'll be the only ones buying from it) and decided to dress up some of the bars of chocolate and make them all pretty!!

Of course, I had to make one of those chocolate slider boxes that I keep seeing in blog land. So after a quick google search, I found this awesome site Qbee's Quest.  It's great!  Full of templates, techniques and tutorials.  Love it!!



Sure makes chocolate look prettier (not that it really needed any prettying!!).  I changed the dimensions from Qbee Quest to 17cm x 17cm, scored at 1.5cm, score another 6.5cm from this, score 1.5cm and another 6.5cm.  I then scored along one edge all the way across at 1.5cm to form the bottom edge.  Cut out the little notches and sticky strip in place.  LOVE sticky strip!  I found some Chocolate Ribbon and made some matching bakers twine to tie off at the end!  I used Melon Mambo ink to stamp chocolate all over before assembling!!

So here's what I used:
Stamps: Eat Chocolate
Inks: Soft Suede and Melon Mambo
Papers: Melon Mambo, Soft Suede and Whisper White CS
Other: Chocolate Chip Grosgrain ribbon, handmade bakers twine, sticky strip, Window punch & pearls

Now I had better make some more for those other bars of chocolate before they get eaten too!!!
Too easy and I love it!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips