Handmade Gift Exchange

This year I participated in the International Handmade Gift Exchange!  Hosted by Craftaholics Anonymous, we were required to make a Handmade Gift for a person carefully selected and matched to you.  In return, a Handmade Gift would be sent to you in return.

Of course, I joined in (who wouldn't for such a wonderful idea) but then the hard bit came .... what to make!!  So I brought together some of my favourite craft types to make a little package!!

Firstly, I made a Softie from felt (my all-time favourite craft at the moment) and made these cute little Christmas Mittens (one for me and one for my gift exchange, as I hate parting with something I've made unless I've made two!!):



I made them from Christmas red felt, stitched with a blanket stitch and then decorated with white (handcut) snowflakes, ribbon and buttons.  I made one with a folded cuff and one without, and they both looked good!!

I then added a little Washer necklace I had made using the (now retired) Bella Rose papers from Stampin' Up! (love those papers!):


The necklace was then carefully hidden into the little mitten (the perfect gift keeper!):


I then put them all together with a little card I made (of course, you knew there would be a card didn't you?):


I then wrapped them all with some blue tissue paper and made a ribbon & flower tie for the finishing touch!



The little flower was cut with my Big Shot and a Flower Layers die (love how these dies cut through felt), tied up with a button and sewn onto the ribbon.  These photos show the cute little layers. 

So now this little package is on the way to my Gift Exchange partner - Jocelyn.  I hope she likes them!

Here's what I used:

Mitten: Red & White felt, red thread, satin ribbon & button
Necklace: Washer, white paint, Crystal Effects (SU), Bella Rose DSP (SU) and circle punches, beads and bead findings, leather strap
Card: Whisper White CS, Fun & Fast Notes stamp set, Stampin' Write Markers (all SU)
Wrapping: Blue tissue paper, Green, Blue, White & Purple Felt, button, satin ribbon & cotton thread

Now I had better get back to the business of making cards and gifts for my own family!!

3 comments:

  1. Those mittens are so pretty! I love them and I'm sure your swap partner did too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Haylee, I fell in love with them myself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww what lovely gifts! and packaged so pretty! Thanks for sharing pics. I love seeing what everyone made!
    Happy Holidays!
    Linda
    PS the next handmade gift exchange will be in June. I hope you'll sign up again!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips