Sympathy Cards

Sympathy cards are one of the more difficult cards we sometimes have to make.  Not because of the design element but because we are acknowledging the loss of a loved one, a friend or a person we know.  I had to make a card for two of my friends whose mother recently passed away.  I remember their mum well and my thoughts are with them all.

This card uses up some of my scraps from a Scrap & Chat project over the weekend.  We used reinkers, stamps and punches to make a lovely scrap layout which I'll show another time.


This piece became the focal layer of my card.  I have added some ribbon, a sentiment and contrasting card stock to form an elegant sympathy card.

Here's what I used:


Stamps: Close as a Memory (retired) & flourish (non-su)
Inks: Basic Black & Buckaroo Blue (retired), Buckaroo Blue reinker
Papers: Very Vanilla, Basic Black & Whisper White CS
Other: Taffeta ribbon, pearls, sponges and adhesives

Reinkers are fabulous pieces of kit to have.  Not only do they replenish your ink pads, you can mix a few drops with waters and mist them over your pieces of cardstock like we did.  The effects are amazing and each piece is unique!

1 comment:

LinkWithin

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
Blogging tips